The Bardwell Charites
The Bardwell Charities have a long and interesting history, from the first bequest in 1442 to the last in 1917. The purpose of these bequests was to assist the poor, infirm, and elderly, it also provided funds toward the repairs and maintainace of the Church.
Today the Bardwell Charities are managed by Eight Charity Trustees in accordance with the Charity Commission Scheme dated 6th November 1984, which combined nine bequests into two separate Charities, and they are:
For further information on our history, please follow the links